Re: [Xen-users] Xen management

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen management
From: John Madden <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:11:52 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 06:12:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm currently installing RHEL 5.1 with Xen and I want to manage the server
> using a management console that is equivalent with VMware Console or Web
> based management. Is there any tools that is available today? Any advice?

I didn't see any other replies, so I'll throw in my two cents:

The most promising thing I've seen so far is Xengine, listed here:
http://www.xen.org/community/projects.html but this fellow seems to have
dropped off the map.  Zentific looks promising too.

Other stuff like Convirt are workable tools but don't offer true enterprise
management.  I need to manage the consoles 'cause I'm the Linux guy, but how
do I allow the Windows admins access to just their VM's?  ESX's console has
this solved similar capabilities are needed for Xen.

John

--
John Madden
Sr. UNIX Systems Engineer