[Xen-users] Preventing DomU corruption in case of Split-Brain of heartbe

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Preventing DomU corruption in case of Split-Brain of heartbeat
From: "Dr. Volker Jaenisch" <volker.jaenisch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:25:22 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 06:26:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Xen-Users!

We run an large HA XEN system based on heartbeat2.

Storage base is an infiniband storage cluster exporting iSCSI devices
to the frontend HA XEN Machines. The iSCSI devices are used as pysical
devices
for the domUs using the block-iscsi mechanism (by the way thanks for
this cool script).

Recently we had a split brain in our heartbeat system. This causes both
of our XEN servers to
fetch the iSCSI-Device and run the domU on it. This resulted in severe
damage of the filesystem of the domU.

Is there a method to limit the number of iscsi-sessions per iSCSI
target, to prohibit the double aquisition
of a iSCSI device.

Or does anybody here has a alternative solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Volker

   inqbus it-consulting      +49 ( 341 )  5643800
   Dr.  Volker Jaenisch      http://www.inqbus.de
   Herloßsohnstr.    12      0 4 1 5 5    Leipzig
   N  O  T -  F Ä L L E      +49 ( 170 )  3113748