[Xen-users] Booting Xen domU from DRBD 8.2

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Booting Xen domU from DRBD 8.2
From: Federico Fanton <federico@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 21:57:12 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 12:58:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone!
I'm trying to setup live migration of a paravirtualized Xen domU between two
identical machines (Dell PowerEdge T105) running CentOS 5.2 x86_64
I followed the guide at
http://www.asplund.nu/xencluster/xen-cluster-howto.html, even if it is for
Ubuntu, because I couldn't find a recent one for CentOS :/

Right now I have the domU running on a node on top of LVM, and drbd is
mirroring the lvm devices between the two nodes..
The next step should be to configure the domU to use drbd
(http://www.asplund.nu/xencluster/xen-cluster-howto.html#DomU drbd config), but
I can't figure out how to tell virt-manager/virsh to use the drbd devices..

Am I going the wrong way? Should I setup DRBD first and _then_ install the domU
maybe? (the guide goes the other way round)
Should I ditch pygrub and boot the domU directly from its kernel/initrd?

Many thanks for your help!

P.S.
xen-3.2.1-0xs
kernel-xen-2.6.18-92.1.10.el5