Re: [Xen-users] RAM issue

Quoting Arpan Jindal <jindalarpan@xxxxxxxxx>:

resending

Hi
i am pasting outputs again. according to the calculation of adding the
domain RAM and guest machine memory total should be 16 gb. and
according to this calculation i should have created more virtual
machines but when i create any new virtual machine i am getting error
message as out of memory.

total_memory           : 16383
free_memory            : 0

[root@mumxen01 ~]# xm list
Name                                      ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                   0     9954     8 r-----   4126.1
server104                                 9     4117     1 r-----    124.6
server201                                 3     2064     1 -b----   1379.9
[root@mumxen01 ~]#

Hello Arpan,

Maybe I am missing something but it looks like you have used all of your memeory for the two VMs and the dom0 already.

9954+4117+2064=16135MB or 16GB

Do you really need 9GB of ram for dom0?

Jon