[Xen-users] What does 'non-page-aligned MMIO BAR found' mean and can I f

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] What does 'non-page-aligned MMIO BAR found' mean and can I fix it?
From: "Ian Carr" <icarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 18:46:39 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:47:21 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am using Xen 3.3.0 and trying to expose a PCI resource to a domU. I have
managed to hide the resource in dom0 by assigning it to pciback. But when I
try and start the domU with the pci = [ '00:12.0' ] line in the config I get
the message:

        pci: 0000:00:12.0 non-page-aligned MMIO BAR found.

(actually I was getting the message about the illegal format character in
pciif.py but having corrected that I now get the message above)

Can anyone tell me what it means and is there anything I can do about it?

The device is a via_rhine Rhine II Ethernet adaptor on a via Epia SN
motherboard. Operating system is Debian Etch for both dom0 and domU. Dom0 is
using the 2.6.18.8 kernel and Xen itself from a Xen source build.

Many thanks

Ian

15:54