Re: [Xen-users] xen and Acronis boot disk

To: "Vladimir Elizarov" <xengelpublicx@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen and Acronis boot disk
From: "Andrew Lyon" <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:35:40 +0100
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 06:36:23 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=R2kkdHdo/+1yr7ZjVQWt7HmyXIl9dfV6VK6Cr1ASDV4=; b=qZgo0jHz7DoUYLBqU9zzOS92BqCOYfsH+SRCAJdHZwmgfOlU+vx5cuSmYj9RyaZZtY 8hJX+YiTbNt4P/q5Ieraeu2WMGicALPLUh4HpCIHrQKMUjE4V2hf3lNqbO7x4Mp0B+4Y EKZ9Xfemagqcu1FuxlV8dkoqonUfW3To8qCVU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 7:43 AM, Vladimir Elizarov
<xengelpublicx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrew Lyon пишет:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Vladimir Elizarov
>> <xengelpublicx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>>  I run windows xp in xen. boot in Acronis boot disk and virtual machine
>>> sleeping in moment "Starting Acronis Loader..."
>>>
>>> config:
>>> serial='pty'
>>> kernel = "/usr/lib/xen-3.2-1/boot/hvmloader"
>>> builder = 'hvm'
>>> memory = 128
>>> name = "standart_windows"
>>> vcpus=1
>>> pae=0
>>> acpi=1
>>> apic=1
>>> usb=1
>>> vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:00:00:94, bridge=xenbr0, model=rtl8139'
>>> ]
>>> disk = [
>>> 'file:/home/xen/hvm/standartwin.img,hda,w',
>>> 'file:/home/test/Acronis.iso,hdc:cdrom,r'
>>> ]
>>> on_poweroff = 'destroy'
>>> on_reboot = 'restart'
>>> on_crash = 'destroy'
>>> device_model = '/usr/lib/xen-3.2-1/bin/qemu-dm'
>>> cdrom = '/dev/hdf'
>>> sdl=0
>>> ne2000=0
>>> boot='d'
>>> vnc=1
>>>
>>> logs: http://pastebin.com/m7dd92735

>> I have had the same problem with Acronis True Image and Disk Director
>> boot isos, the only way I've found to use the Acronis products under
>> xen is to install a evaluation version of windows 2003 and install
>> True Image or Disk Director, although thats not as convenient as using
>> the boot image it does  have some advantage as the gplpv drivers can
>> be installed which probably give better performance than you would get
>> using the acronis linux boot image,  and its only a few seconds work
>> to shutdown the vm and add the devices you need to image to/from.
>>
>> Andy
>>

> I'm search in google: http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1003915
> Acronis Boot CD not support in Intel Core.
>
> and http://docs.xensource.com/XenServer/4.1.0/1.0/en_gb/releasenotes.html:
>
> *CA-5785: *The Acronis <http://www.acronis.com/> Rescue CD does not work in
> a VM. It uses CPU features that Xen does not yet support. A future release
> of Acronis will support Xen; please contact the vendor for details.
>
> You can explain the details as you run Acronis Boot CD? I have bad English
> and I have not quite captured the essence of your message.

I did not use the Acronis Boot/Rescue CD, instead I installed a
evaluation version of Windows 2003 and installed True Image Server for
Windows, then added the logical volume and restored the image to it.

Andy