Re: [Xen-users] How to create an Ubuntu Hardy guest

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How to create an Ubuntu Hardy guest
From: Stephen Liu <satimis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:05:25 +0800 (CST)
Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:06:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--- Todd Deshane <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Tim Post <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 13:29 -0400, Todd Deshane wrote:
> >> You can copy the hardy file(s) from another ubuntu system into the
> debian one.
> >
> > He should be able to just copy the file:
> >

> > /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/hardy from an Ubuntu system to his
> Debian
> > system. I'd actually be curious to know if that worked.
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken, it should :) He should then be able to strap
> Hardy
> > on his system.

Hi Todd,

Could you please explain in more detail how to do the job?

On an Ubuntu Hardy box or on a Virtual box running Ubuntu Hardy as
Host?

Where shall I keep the file copied
(/usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/hardy) on Debian_Xen Virtual box?  If I
don't have a Debian_Xen Virtual box is there a solution?

Can I make use of Hardy installer CD or Hardy ISO image to install
Hardy as Guest on Debian_Xen Virtual box?  If YES, please advise how to
do it.

Others noted with thanks

TIA

B.R.