Re: [forums] Re: [Xen-users] About Xen commands

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [forums] Re: [Xen-users] About Xen commands
From: Paul <xensource@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:44:47 +1000
Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 06:45:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stephen Liu wrote:
--- Thomas <iamkenzo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You want to shutdown a guest?

xm shutdown xenX.example.com.cfg

No I want to remove it completely from Xen. I don't need this guest. I don't know whether there is a command to do the job. Or I have to
remove/delete it manually.

A Xen vm is a bunch of things. Included is the configuration file (.cfg) and any block devices that were created for the vm disks.

There is something to be said for learning how to create a vm by hand so that you are familiar with the steps and what gets created, then use the tools as a convenience.

I haven't used the script you have for creating the vm, but deleting the .cfg will delete the vm definition, but look through it first to see what block devices are used (the disks section), and decide if you don't need them any more.
--
*
*