Re: [Xen-users] use java to run xm tool

To: xen <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] use java to run xm tool
From: Pierre-Alain RIVIERE <pariviere@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:56:15 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 02:57:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The problem with libvirt Java binding is that you need build the JNI
library first. And you also need to setup correctly your libvirt daemon
in case of a remote access (it can be a pain).

Another choice is the Xen API itself. Newer version of the Java Xen API
can be found here : http://community.citrix.com/cdn/xs/sdks with the API
doc itself.

It works pretty well but you have some things to know first :
- you have first to enable the xen-api-server on the Dom0
- install python-pam if you use pam authentication for the
xen-api-server
- you can start a server but you can't create a new one (or more
precisely I've never achieved to). But to start a DomU you have to
register itself with the Dom0 first using 'xm new' not 'xm create'.