[Xen-users] Strange virt-manager problem on sles10sp1

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Strange virt-manager problem on sles10sp1
From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:58:23 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 06:59:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I had someone tell me one of their systems was no longer accessible. The
system is a win2k3 domU on sles10sp1.

When I go to virt-manager to look at the machine it says it is running.
When I select the machine and click on open, it shows me the display of
one of my linux domU instead of the windows machine.

If I click shutdown, virt-manager shows the machine as shutdown. If I
click run, it again shows me the linux machine, not the windows machine.
I've tried restarting virt-manager too.

I'll try shutting the linux domU down, because right now I can, but in
the future this could be a real problem. Anyone seen anything like this
before? I've been running these servers for several months and never had
this happen.

Seems like maybe the id's are screwed up, but virt-manager and xm list
is showing separate ID for them. hpd01 and vre04 are the ones having the
issue. vre04 is showing the display of hpd01.

# xm list
Name                               ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                             0  2048     4     r----- 1612543.7
hpd01                              134  4096     4     -b----    760.1
ids                                125  2048     1     -b---- 148321.0
lp01                               108  1024     1     ------  22661.1