Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI - options and questions

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI - options and questions
From: jpranevich@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 19:46:46 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:47:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

So that it can be documented for the next generation of Xen users that have
this problem and come to the list via Google, I wanted to say that I've tracked
down my hotplug issue with the block-iscsi scripts on Centos 5.x and I have the
system nearly working. (It doesn't work yet, but at least it's triggering the
hotplug scripts properly now.)

The "bug" is in XendBootloader.py where it appears to check os.access() too
early when the "disk" parameter for iSCSI is the IQN. Since the IQN doesn't
exist as a local file, it was bombing out.

The relevant fix is in the "xen-domUloader.diff" patch in the SuSE SRPM. When
applied to the stock install, my hotplug scripts are triggering happily. I have
to debug some issues with them under Centos and the iscsiadm paths are
different from SuSE, but I'm on the right path now. (There's a ton of other
SuSE fixes in their SRPM as well, but I was trying to keep a minimal change set
so as to be as "stock" as possible.)

I'll put up a SRPM for Centos 5.x once I have this working, if anyone is
interested.

Thanks for everyone's assistance with this.

Joe