[Xen-users] dom0 boot doesn't show on serial console anymore.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] dom0 boot doesn't show on serial console anymore.
From: Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:43:17 -0500 (CDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:44:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I could have sworn the following used to work, and that I haven't
changed anything, but the last few times I have rebooted any
of my Xen servers I have not been able to see any of the kernel
messages that would normally come on the serial console after
the xen.gz image is loaded.. i.e. I see the stuff from xen.gz fine
at the hypervisor stage
but not what should be coming out of the serial console from dom0
once it is actually loading the dom0 kernel and booting dom0.

Grub stanza is below.  Any ideas?

title Xen 3.1.0
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=4000000 com1=115200,8n1
        module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen ro root=LABEL=/ console=tty0
console=ttyS0,115200
        module /boot/initrd-2.6.18-xen.img

And yes, I am using xen 3.1 kernels as downloaded from xen.org.

Steve Timm