RE: [Xen-users] dom0 and domU shutdown behavior

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] dom0 and domU shutdown behavior
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 16:01:25 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 13:02:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        What distro are you using, and is it their xen package or one from
source?  I probably won't be much help, but that will probably be important
information to anyone who is.
        I run F8 with the F8 Xen, and when I shut down, a python
error/incompatibility (I think) causes the xendomains service to stop
without shutting down the domUs (when xendomains is stopped on a properly
functioning system, it will shut them down or kill them one at a time based
on the config).  However, in my case, xendomains may not actually be
stopping at this point, because when killall is called, the domains each
shut down one at a time like they are supposed to de when xendomains is
stopped (but since this is supposed to happen way earlier, it probably
wouldn't work right if I were using file-backed virtual disks instead of
device-backed virtual disks because the mounted filesystems are read-only by
the time killall is called).
        Dustin