Re: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough partial success

To: Christopher Isip <cmisip@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough partial success
From: Andy Burns <lists.xensource.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 22:38:43 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:39:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 02/07/2008 23:27, Christopher Isip wrote:

I have mythbackend running in an Ubuntu-Hardy domU with a Centos 5.1 dom0. Here are the settings that work for me:

I think I'm getting somewhere close to finding what causes my mythbackend domU to crash (naturally it proves very difficult to make it crash on demand).

My dom0 and domU are 64bit centOS, the crash seems to happen when vmalloc returns an address higher than the 4GB mark which
V4L then attempts to use for DMA scatter-gather operations.

Can I ask whether your domU is 32 or 64 bit?

I'd just used 64bit for the domU because I already had the DVD downloaded for the dom0 which has 8GB (I think it should be better to use 64 bit for the dom0 rather than 32 bit with PAE?)

But I can't really see any advantage for the domU to use 64 bit, so will try moving to 32bit centos 5.2 instead ...