Re: [Xen-users] Freebsd (still) not booting in Xen HVM?

Chris Holland schrieb:
Based on my reading in the Gentoo Forums, it looks like there is a patch that Gentoo applies to compile Xen 3.2.* with gcc 4.2 and 4.3.
I'm not sure on the specifics though.
What patches are this? Patches for gcc, xen binaries, or kernel or both?
Have you run your VMs with a high network load on them and have them stay stable? This is the problem I am having and I was suspecting that it was the compiler version.
Although now I'm not so sure.
I compiled xen-3.2.1 without complaining of gcc4 and it seems to run stable. I have some Windows VM (2003 server, 2008 server and XP + GplPV, now Freebsd 7, and some Ubuntu Hardy PV which all run very fast and stable. But they have not much network load. Sometimes runs backup to AFS Filesystem, Volume replication, ..., but this works good.

BTW, I'm a bloody newbe in Xen so if you would like to get real good answers, you should answer at least cc to the list. ;-)

Regards

Ralf