RE: [Xen-users] 32 on 64bit

To: "'Stephan Seitz'" <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] 32 on 64bit
From: "Steffen Heil" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:18:45 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 05:19:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

> This highly depends on the libc version your domU is running.
> Make sure you've a xen-aware (aka nosegneg) libc installed.
> On debianlike distros the package is libc6-xen.
>
> If you're running an older distro or otherwise unable to
> setup such a libc, a workaround is to remove /lib/tls. This
> is advertised by Xen as move /lib/tls to /lib/tls.disabled
> This has be done everytime the libc is updated.
>
> As a "softer" alternative, you could first try to add hwcap 0
> nosegneg to your /etc/ld.so.conf or (on newer versions) to a
> new file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ (e.g. /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc6-xen )

All 32bit domU are copied from another host, that running xen 32bit
hypervisor.
They all have libc6-xen.

Any other reason 32bit might be slower than 64bit? (I got the oppinion that
this hits netwerk performance most, but as I have no non-network-access that
might be a false impression.)

Regards,
  Steffen