[Xen-users] Hotplug scripts not working.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Hotplug scripts not working.
From: amazab@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:55:21 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:55:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

I know I have been bugging you recently with many questions but you guys
have been so helpful which makes me greedy. Here is another one.

I installed Xen 3.2.1 on 64 bit FC8. Now when I try to create a guest
domain I always get the error:

"Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working"

I got the same error ehrn I tried to create the guest with virt-install or
even manually using "xm create". I have the same configuration on a 32-bit
FC8  machine with nor problems. I also found several posts on the mailing
list but none was useful to my problem.

I tried both HVM and para-virtualized guests. I only got the HVM guests to
run when I changed the parameter vif=[,,] to vif0=[,,]. But obviously I
could not get the guest to use the network. When I used the same trick
with my para-virtualized guest the kernel hangs during load time while it
waits for "XENBUS" to start.

I have udev installed on my machine. i really wonder why does in needs
hotplug for!!!

Any help??

Ahmed