Re: [Xen-users] Re: Dom0 won't come up, Fedora 9

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Dom0 won't come up, Fedora 9
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:47:53 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:48:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday June 18 2008 06:10:27 pm Mark Williamson wrote:
> Presumably the linux-xen is provided just for use in domUs.
Correct.

> In the
> meantime you could probably try using a dom0-capable linux-xen from F8, for
> instance (or build your own).

You would have trouble using an F8 kernel-xen in an F9 install - it would get
removed on every (2nd) kernel-xen update. You would probably need to copy
the /boot & /lib/modules files for that kernel, and copy them back after the
2nd update removes the F8 kernel-xen, so that it is not in the rpm database
anymore.