Re: [Xen-users] Install Xen on non-op based PC

To: Jeff Wang <Jeff.Wang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Install Xen on non-op based PC
From: Nick Anderson <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:37:38 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:38:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeff Wang wrote:
Hi All,

I am a newer for Xen and Linux.

I am wondering if I could install Xen to PC directly without any OP has installed. Or must I install a linux on PC before install Xen? Somebody told me that I can install Xen as a OP.

They were probably talking about xenenterprise. It is a minimal linux distro with management tools for xen. But you do need a dom0 either way you look at it there is a base operating system. The difference would be installing the xen packages on top of your favorite distro and turning that into your dom0 or just using xenenterprise.

--
Nick Anderson <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.cmdln.org