Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.9 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.9 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: "Kris Adler" <spurfan15@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:48:11 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:48:43 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=hpgrTH592YpwVeQehKBBj8HkMnnmQ6ZF1/1pbcYcZtg=; b=QWG+Ym/tjQHKB+vzHg1llfqldzyBxdUfKeHhTnd+NmpNQeC2gDkfDBjVMYWvv+h4Xc 2+RsWjDk1cLiVPOOPiu30Fdu+G3s4b8tToqakjIjvNHQgg89h13codiqBmJqM6vpV1/0 9oU73jt+a060dzNfAAIpmUWaYo2B/OsgiKYVM=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I modified all of the inf files after installation. I performed the three things you listed, but it still would not install. When I removed the .NT from the duplicate xxx.NTx86 sections altogether (no extension), it accepted the driver. I ended up with a Xen PCI Device Driver, a Xen Net Device Driver listed with my regular net adapter, and 3 Xen Block Device Drivers listed alone in SCSI/RAID (2 HD, 1 cdrom presumably). However, when I boot into GPLPV mode, I get a BSOD as follows:

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000114, 0x00000016, 0x00000000, 0xBFFA1558)
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** Address BFFA1558 base at BFF9D000, DateStamp 42d65966 - SCSIPORT.SYS

Any ideas on the BSOD?

Btw, I'm using Xen on FC8 x86_64 and Core 2 quad.

Regards,

Kris

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:26 PM, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Windows 2000 HVM install on which I'm trying to install the
GPLPV
> drivers. I followed the process, restarted, and put the /gplpv in a
copy
> of my os boot line. The thing is, there are no errors, but nothing
really
> changes. Looking in my device manager, nothing looks different. I
still
> have one unknown PCI device, which has a Xen device ID from looking in
the
> registry. None of the devices show the gplpv drivers installed. I
tried
> manually searching for drivers in the gplpv drivers folder for the
unknown
> PCI device, but it couldn't find any.
>
> My install is on a 5G LVM partition I made, along with a extra 5G LVM
> attached to the win2k OS. I installed from a standard win2k
installation
> disk, and had a SP4 disk to update the OS after install. Am I missing
Xen
> devices that should be listed or something? And why isn't that unknown
PCI
> device installing (Ven 5853, dev 0001)?

Someone else reported this, and found that the reason was because the
inf files were only compatible with XP and above.

Can you please try the following for each .inf file:

1. Under Manufacturer, duplicate the .NTx86 line but change .NTx86 to
.NT
2. Duplicate the [xxx.NTx86] section but change the .NTx86 to .NT
3. Try to install. If it doesn't work, also duplicate the
[SourceDiskNames.x86] section but remove the .x86

If it works, and doesn't break x86 and amd64 (please test), let me know
and I'll update my inf files. I'll try it myself when I get time but
that may not be for a bit...

James