Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu 7.x and 8x as Xen Guest OS

To: a s p a s i a <aspasia.sf@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu 7.x and 8x as Xen Guest OS
From: Ilari Mäkelä <ilari@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:00:58 +0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 03:01:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I think this could help you. Atleast I got Ubuntu running as domU with Centos 5.1 dom0 with this guide.

-Ilari Mäkelä

a s p a s i a wrote:
Hello Joti,

I am actually trying that right now!!!  .. :)

I found this page from Ubuntu forum on upgrade paths:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes#head-4b642102f96e5f9788ca164311d65cd2caa5df44

So I am trying to upgrade 6.06 to 6.10 then to 7, etc. etc.

BTW - I tried again on all of them and looked carefully at the
blinking message prior to its hanging .. I think it does not include
the virtual hard drive driver ....

i'm guessing is it this it's looking for? (found this as device_model
paramater in the 606 ubuntu/xen config file stored in /etc/xen):

/usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm

thanks I will post my results - if anyone has any further suggestions,
I would greatly appreciate!!

best regards,

aspasia.