[Xen-users] odd behavior with network-bridge and ip aliases on domU:s

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] odd behavior with network-bridge and ip aliases on domU:s
From: Markus Ingalsuo <markus.ingalsuo@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:23:46 +0300
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:24:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I'm experiencing odd behavior of Linux domU:s that are running on bridged ethernet and using ip aliases. I've been able to rule out everything, including multiple bridges on domU:s to just adding ip aliases.

When I do "ifconfig eth0:1 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx" on the domU, it stops respondig over ethernet, on the original address also which is specified in the .cfg. Is there a way to specify both/all addresses in the .cfg? Or is there a "best practice" that I should follow? :)

I'm using the xen-hypervisor-3.0.3-1-amd64 Debian Etch package.

Thanks in advance

Markus