Re: [Xen-users] HVM guest support is unavailable!!

Hello Yassine,

try this:

In the POST press F9 to enter the BIOS-Settings-Utility. Then navigate to 'Advanced Options', then 'Processor Options'. In this screen you should see Intel Virtualization Technology. Just configure it to 'Enabled'. Thats it.
The Bios Version is D21 (8/21/2007)

Hope it helps,

Greetz Age_M

Yassine AYACHI wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for clarifications, Here is the result of proposed commands :

# xm info |grep xen_caps

xen_caps               : xen-3.0-x86_32p

#xm info |grep -i hvm
(doesn't returne any think)

 So I'll recapitulate what I understand :

My 32-bit system doesn't allow to run 64-bit
My Intel platform isn't compatible with AMD platform
My HP proliant ML350 BIOS need an update (Age_M, I'm waiting for result about virtualization with your new ML350 ;-) )

Now I've 2 questions :

What is the risks to compromise the system operation after a BIOS update ?
Witch Microsoft Virtualization solutions allow to run an .img VM ?
Thanks for feed back,