[Xen-users] Re: Windows GPLPV under OpenSolaris not working

To: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Windows GPLPV under OpenSolaris not working
From: "Andrej Javoršek" <andrejj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:31:36 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 05:32:12 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=BxJdJvW5zh36ZLdkxyzHNTFKPGjzA6gbuqKBlg0e30E=; b=s93K0yYNBMs53FnDP7UqjZINOxaSxiV4WU6JKsK6CXs5+RHUMJl/cIWDGFbUuZ0oEA +aQMUWWy0Ho6PFCBUW+7ysCxDrbNhMQSonFgYUlRRFIEc5dBU9AG7c9ULsh+vai1KhQP sCG35SdU+ffMgSTBLe/az1orUSUDafuhY8CUM=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 1:46 AM, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
> Now to do exhaustive description of my stand with GPLPV on OpenSolaris!
> I've tried versions from 0.9.4 to 0.9.8 and none of them works.
> After installing gplpv drivers (on clean) system I can't boot that system
> anymore.
> If I enable /gplpv in boot.ini I get BSOD (0x7B)
> without that switch Windows boot process freezes on Windows logo with
> progress indicator.
>
> During the installation of drivers installer reports "The device is not
> plugged in, cannot update driver" twice
> for Xen Block Device Driver and for Xen Stub Device Driver.
> After the instalation I can see Xen SCSI and XenNet with exclamation mark
> and new XenPCI device driver.
> I have also tried to manually install version 0.9.5.

Andrej,

On a system without the GPLPV drivers installed yet, can you first start up debugview from sysinternals.com, and then install just the xenpci driver? If it is failing there for some reason you should get some output in debugview.

James

Hello!
I'm getting a lot of output in debugview but it doesn't help me much.  :(
So I'm sending you the log file in hope to be useful (it is from version 0.9.8 of drivers)

Andrej