[Xen-users] Problems with Xen and routing networking

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problems with Xen and routing networking
From: Tim ter Beest <tterbeest@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 21:38:26 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:38:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I'm trying to setup Xen on a hetzner.de dedicated server. Due to
hetzners network configuration, bridged networkign isn't working and
I've to use the routed network setup.

I have 2 Xen guests that are working fine. However, when I create a new
one, eth0 gets configured correctly in the guest, but networking isn't
working.

A strange fact is that the routes to the two working guests are showing
up when I'm issuing a route at the xen host and the new route gets added
here when I boot a newly created guest. When I'm running ip route, the
routes to the working guests are present, but the new route isn't added
there.

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 with the bundled Xen 3.2. Any thoughts what's
going wrong here?

Tim

--
Met vriendelijke groet,