Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] GPL PV Drivers for Windows Release 0.9.6 on Xen 3.0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] GPL PV Drivers for Windows Release 0.9.6 on Xen 3.0.3?
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 17:51:51 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:52:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] GPL PV Drivers for Windows Release 0.9.6 on Xen
3.0.3?
Date: Thursday June 05 2008
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: andreas.madritsch@xxxxxxxxx

On Thursday June 05 2008 11:07:57 am Andreas Madritsch wrote:
> In the device manager there were exclamation marks for the old drivers
> and xm shutdown killed windows immediately, although I installed the
> monitor service and added /gplpv boot.ini.
>
> Did I something wrong?

Go into Task Manager's Processes Tab, and verify that xenshutdownmon.exe is
actually running before you try to do an 'xm shutdown'. First make sure you
ran Start -> All Programs -> Xen PV Drivers -> Install Shutdown Service. That
was a separate step in 0.9.5, and may still be in 0.9.6. Then go into
Start -> Administrative Tools -> Services, scroll down to the bottom, double
click on 'Xen Shutdown Monitor Service', and make sure that the
service 'Startup Type' is set to 'Automatic' - otherwise you will have to
start it manually. I've noticed that this was not done for you in the 0.8.x
series, and may still not be done in 0.9.x. Start the service if not running,
and check in Task Manager that it didn't abort/is still running.

> How can I uninstall GPL PV?

Start -> All Programs -> Xen PV Drivers -> Uninstall