Re: [Xen-users] serial/terminal console problems

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 06:58:04PM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
I have an environment running RHEL 5.1 (64-bit) and Xen 3.0.3.

That's the Xen shipped with RHEL 5.1, presumably?  It may interest you to know
that it's not actually 3.0.3, as far as I've been able to tell.  It's
effectively a later release of Xen, with the package being named 3.0.3 so as
to fit in with the package naming scheme.  *I think.*

Yes, RHEL 5.1 has Xen 3.1.0.

Careful--RHEL 5.1 has a version in which some of the xen 3.1 features
are listed as "technology previews", in other words, they don't work. 32-on-64 paravirtualized is one of those features.

RHEL 5.2 (that was just released) has Xen 3.1.2.

Has anyone tried 64-bit dom0, 32 bit domU with this yet?

Steve Timm

-- Pasi