[Xen-users] Xen randomly freezes under load

To: "Xen Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen randomly freezes under load
From: "Valerio Granato" <contact@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 23:32:50 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:34:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

this is my first post on xen-users, so accept my apologies
for my errors in posting...

I've just installed a SuSE 10.3 64 bit and I'm trying to create
three domUs to migrate three existing servers.
I've used Xen from SuSE distro, no modification.

The domUs configuration is / and swap on file, and /var on
software raid1 exported as partition.
They are old SuSE servers I'm trying to consolidate on a single server.

If one of the domUs go under load, randomly the whole system
starts to slow down and then to freeze, and I need to hardware
reset the server. Sometimes (if I see it slowing down) I can
connect to the domUs via ssh to send shutdown -h now and
so gain a little bit of time to reboot the dom0.

The server is a Core 2 Quad on a Asus P5K-VM, 6Gb RAM.
During tests domUs are

2 vcpu / 512Mb ram / 1Gb swap
2 vcpu / 512Mb ram / 1Gb swap
4 vcpu / 2Gb ram / 2 Gb swap

Can someone help me to solve this? There is something else
I can say to help identify the problem?

Thanks,
Valerio Granato