Re: [Xen-users] Debian Etch as DomU on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Dom0

To: amin <amin@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Debian Etch as DomU on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Dom0
From: Luke S Crawford <lsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 May 2008 19:00:46 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 May 2008 16:01:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
amin <amin@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Everytime it runs up normal until it stars everything (cron is last)
> and then it hangs.
>
> No console input is recognized. if i "xm shutdown" the domain it shuts
> down correctly.

This almost always means that you are not running a getty on the console.
The box is booting fine, it just isn't running a getty on the console
you are looking at, so it looks like

The same problem on a CentOS5.1 DomU  is fixed by adding the following line to
/etc/inittab

2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty xvc0

look through your /etc/inittabl and find the getty line, and make sure
one is running on tty1

Though the console on my debian DomUs all look like they are tty1 so

1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1

is the important getty line for my debian DomUs.

So yeah... poke around and try to figure out what device it thinks is console
and then run a proper getty on that device.

(Note, if you want to login as root on that device, also add the devicename
to /etc/securettys)