Re: [Xen-users] Re: DomU on LVM

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2008 16:55 schrieb Ross S. W. Walker:
> Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

why use multiple partitions if you can resize?
  /dev/vg/lv1 -> /dev/hda -> /dev/hda1 --> /
  /dev/vg/lv2 -> /dev/hdb -> /dev/hdb1 --> swap

But i also prefer to use lvs as partitions inside domU because you don't loose
any byte for a (needless) partitiontable.
It's also easier to backup these unpartitioned lvs (you don't need any
"-o offset=XXXXX" while mounting a snapshot of this lv).

Where is the discussion why this is not to be supported in the future? I've
seen that it was mentioned here a few times but i've never found out what the
reason could be?

--
greetings

eMHa