Re: [Xen-users] tap:vmdk read error

Op vrijdag 9 mei 2008 16:30, schreef Todd Deshane:
> Hi Maarten,
>
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 5:41 AM, Maarten Vanraes <maarten@xxxxx> wrote:
> > disk = [ 'tap:vmdk:/opt/data/windows_xp/winxppro.vmdk,hda,w' ]
> >

> > logfile:
> > Strip off blktap sub-type prefix to /opt/data/windows_xp/winxppro.vmdk
> > raw_read(6:/opt/data/windows_xp/winxppro.vmdk, 0, 0x7fffa3d891e0, 2048)
> > [0] read failed 500 : 2 = No such file or directory
> > qemu: could not open hard disk image '/opt/data/windows_xp/winxppro.vmdk'
> > Watching /local/domain/0/device-model/57/logdirty/next-active
> > Watching /local/domain/0/device-model/57/command
> > config qemu network with xen bridge for  tap1 eth0
> >

> > strange that there is a read-error, since the file and dirs world
> > readable. i
> > doublechecked the location...
> >
> > no matter what i fill in, it doesn't seem to find the file...
>
> One thing you could try is to use qemu-img convert to convert the VMware
> image to another usable format.
>
> See:
> http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=qemu-img+convert
>
> Cheers,
> Todd

Sure, i understand what you mean, but my point is that

raw_read(6:/opt/data/windows_xp/winxppro.vmdk, 0, 0x7fffa3d891e0, 2048)
[0] read failed 500 : 2 = No such file or directory

is actually a standard read operation, and it just thinks that the file
doesn't exist. this leads me to believe that there is a small and easily
fixable bug about either the file location or the reader code in the tap:vmdk
code.

I was just testing it, i could probably just convert it. but i think the code
has a bug that can't find the file.

mvg,
--
Maarten Vanraes