RE: [Xen-users] drbd, xen and disk not accessible..

To: "Marco Strullato" <marco.strullato@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] drbd, xen and disk not accessible..
From: "Ross S. W. Walker" <rwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:39:45 -0400
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:40:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Marco Strullato wrote:

> Hi, thanks for the answer.
> As you suggested I changed the configuration and the domU starts.
>

> Unluckly now I want to migrate the domU to another hypervisor:
>
> This is the configuration of one hyp:
> (xend-unix-server yes)
> (xend-relocation-server yes)
> (xend-unix-path /var/lib/xend/xend-socket)
> (xend-relocation-port 8002)
> (xend-relocation-address '')
> (xend-relocation-hosts-allow '')
> (network-script 'network-bridge')
> (vif-script vif-bridge)
> (dom0-min-mem 256)
> (dom0-cpus 0)
> (vncpasswd '')
>
> and this is the configuration of the other one:
> (xend-unix-server yes)
> (xend-relocation-server yes)
> (xend-unix-path /var/lib/xend/xend-socket)
> (xend-relocation-port 8002)
> (xend-relocation-address '')
> (xend-relocation-hosts-allow '')
> (network-script network-bridge)
> (vif-script vif-bridge)
> (dom0-min-mem 256)
> (dom0-cpus 0)
> (vncpasswd '')
>
> The command I execute is
> [root@hyp10 ~]# xm migrate --live SLSPTEST hyp11
> Error: /usr/lib64/xen/bin/xc_save 27 13 0 0 1 failed
>
> As you can see the migration fails.
>
> This is the error log on the original hyp
> [2008-04-24 17:02:00 8572] ERROR (XendDomainInfo:1950)
> XendDomainInfo.resume: xc.domain_resume failed on domain 13.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py",
> line 1944, in resumeDomain
>     self._createDevices()
>   File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py",
> line 1506, in _createDevices
>     devid = self._createDevice(devclass, config)
>   File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py",
> line 1478, in _createDevice
>     return
> self.getDeviceController(deviceClass).createDevice(devConfig)
>   File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/server/DevController.py",
> line 113, in createDevice
>     raise VmError("Device %s is already connected." % dev_str)
> VmError: Device xvda (51712, vbd) is already connected.
>
> It seems the domU device xvda is already connected. This error seems
> due to a drbd lock.
>
> What do you think? What should I check?

Ok, so you have the domain in the xenstore on hyp10 and not in
the xenstore on hyp11, you run the live migrate and it gets the
error. Do I have that right?

If the domain is in hyp11, delete it, otherwise they will
collide on migration. You can only have 1 resource with a
given UUID defined per-hypervisor.

-Ross