[Xen-users] VNC server not launching

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] VNC server not launching
From: Michael Brancato <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 23:05:18 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:02:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm trying to launch a pvm SXDE machine that I've used with 3.1 in the past. I recently upgraded to 3.2 via the Ubuntu Hardy packages and now I can't seem to get vnc to launch.

I want VNC to launch a server after boot but I'm currently stuck with using the text console. I have tried using vnc=1 as before, but there are no vnc related log entries in xend.log to help me figure out why the vnc server is not launching. I have the libvncserver libraries, etc installed.

Using vnc=1 and vncviewer=1 launches vncviewer with -listen but the server never starts so vncviewer never launches a display.

I wanted to see if there are some common solutions that might work for this. If not then I can post entries from the xend.log, etc. But so far there are no errors being reported in xend.conf.

Regards,

--
Mike Brancato, CISSP