[Xen-users] WinXP-Dom and slow RDP login with 100% CPU load

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] WinXP-Dom and slow RDP login with 100% CPU load
From: "Daniel Schwager" <Daniel.Schwager@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 20:06:57 +0200
Cc: Daniel Schwager <Daniel.Schwager@xxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:08:01 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi list,

i installed an HVM WinXP-SP2 (english) on a fedora-core-8 system
        kernel-xen-2.6.21-2952.fc8
        xen-3.1.2-2.fc8

The additional peth for winxp-dom is dedicated to it and is
connected to a UNTAGGED VLAN Switch - so fedora's eth's does not
know about VLAN ...

if I try to connect to the RDP-port, the winxp-dom freeze for
about 10 seconds (can't make any action on the vnc-viewer, all
running programs do not update there view (e.g. windows clock does not run)
and the "xm top" shows me 100% CPU load on this domain.

After this 10 seconds, I got the normal rdp-login and all works fine ...

I reinstalled the winxp from scratch with a german-version - the
same behavior.

Could somebody confirm this behavior ? Does somebody could help
me to track down this prob ?

regards

Danny