Re: [Xen-users] DHCP and DomUs: not working

Jeff Lane wrote on Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:25:32 -0400:

> Just out of curiosity, what happens if you move the dchp service to a
> different machine on your network?

Funny that you ask. I had thought about that but not yet tried.

I run quite a few domUs on various
> servers and have never had an issue like this...  however, my dhcp
> service is hosted on a server that does not run xen.

I switched off dhcpd and switched on the DHCP server on a win2k3 machine.
I verified with a Windows client that it works. No go with the DomUs. Then
I tried the dhcpd on my gateway appliance. Works. Then I restarted dhcpd
on the Xen machine and there it works as well and is still working. Let's
see how long it lasts.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany