[Xen-users] How to stop yum update on CentOS 5.1 to modify grub

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] How to stop yum update on CentOS 5.1 to modify grub
From: Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:19:40 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 07:20:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all

I just got a shocker today on a CentOS 5.1 x64 Xen server where the xen VPS didn't work properly so I thought I'd reboot it, but upon reboot it gave me some memory errors, so I rebooted the server and couldn't start Xen at all. Then after poking around I thought I'd check to see if the Xen kernel is running, and it's not running. It seem yum updated has updated the kernel, and then updated grub to use the new CentOS kernel, which is what it's supposed todo. But how do I stop yum from doing it?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com