RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.8 of GPL PV drivers for Windows

To: "jim burns" <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.8 of GPL PV drivers for Windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 23:40:26 +1100
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 05:40:56 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> My impression is that there is something wrong w/ xenenum. That's
where
> the problems start with the install, and that's when I lose my Xen
nic.
> Plus, Windows starts asking me to revalidate as soon as I try to
install
> something higher than 0.8.5 (because of large changes in hardware).

Xenenum is one of the more simple drivers in the whole thing, so I have
my doubts.

I have just found a bug that would be brought on by higher traffic loads
at boot time. I'm just testing it now.

At some point I started a 'ping -q -f' to my test DomU, and then forgot
about it, and I was starting to go crazy because the test DomU would
lock up or BSoD shortly after boot, when it had been running perfectly
previously.

James