[Xen-users] domU dependency-aware xendomains init script?

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] domU dependency-aware xendomains init script?
From: John Morris <jman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 00:19:21 +0800
Delivery-date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 09:20:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is there a smarter xendomains script out there that deals with domU dependencies better than the one in the RPMs (CentOS)? For example, directory services (eg. LDAP, DNS) are on one domU, and other domUs depend on those services to boot correctly. (Best to solve this with redundant services, yes, but let's say this is a test network.) An even stranger example is a domU whose root boots from an NFS, iSCSI or AoE filesystem on another domU.

It would also be nice, for example, to have per-domU settings for shutdown (hibernate or init 0?).

This idea is still in a seed stage, so I'm not expressing it very clearly. Any pointers to similar-sounding information, though, are well appreciated. Thanks-

   John