[Xen-users] PCI Passthru to HVM

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] PCI Passthru to HVM
From: "Jonathan Kressin" <jkressin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:35:28 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:35:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I am pretty new to Xen, but am managing to get things working.  Currently, I have a Xen0 gentoo xen kernel running 2.6.21-xen.  I am using the precompiled xen 3.1.0 (as the version from gentoo refused to boot at all).  I am using a 64 bit, Intel Core 2 Quad system.  I have a running Windows XP HVM that is working correctly.

My goal is to use this DomU to run the GBPVR media server software.  I would really like to get my Hauppauge PVR150 working from this DomU.  I have passthru support enabled in the kernel, and have passed the pciback.hide=(02:09.0) command to the Dom0 at bootup.  It looks like that part of things are working, but I still cannot see the PCI card in Windows.  Is this even possible with my configuration?   If so, what do I need to do to make this happen.  I do notice that I still see the card when I do the lspci command, so it must not be too hidden from the system.

I would really appreciate any advice I can get on this.

Thanks!
Jonathan