Re: [Xen-users] Xen and Qemu

To: "Chris Risko" <crisko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen and Qemu
From: "Phillip Bennett" <phillip@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:47:46 -0000 (UTC)
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 03:53:21 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

>From your lack of details, it's hard to tell exactly what has happened
here...

However, I recognise it as something that happened to me last week when I
upgraded to v3.2 on a RedHat 5 system.  (Using the CentOS RPMs)

Have a look at this page
(http://blas.phemo.us/articles/2008/02/13/xend-not-starting-after-upgrade)
and see if it helps.  It was the correct solution to my problem (with very
slight filename changes) so hopefully will be of help to you.

The short answer is that the kernel line in the grub menu wasn't updated
when you upgraded to the new version, even though the kernel was
rebuilt/upgraded.  When it's set correctly, it should work.

HTH,
Phil.

> Hi,
> I have a question about Xen and Qemu.  First when I use the Virtual
> Manager I cannot connect to Xen it says that I cannot connect to the
> Hypervisor.  This just starting happening since I upgraded to Xen 3.2.
> The only way I can connect is using Qemu.  Now I have
> install a Windows XP Pro image using Qemu but the problem I am now
> having is that I cannot add an IP to the machine as well as it only
> connects at 10Mbps.
>
> I need to be able to use Xen with the Shared physical device or use Qemu
> and add an IP.  Would you be able to help me?  Thanks
>
> Chris Risko
> Desktop Support
> 267-756-1123
>

> This email message together with any attachments constitutes confidential
> and privileged information intended exclusively for the listed
> addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Vantage
> by immediately telephoning 267-756-1158.  In addition, please reply to
> this message confirming your receipt of the same in error. Please do not
> disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the contents
> of this information.  Kindly destroy all copies of this message and any
> attachments.  Any other use of this email is prohibited.  Thank you for
> your cooperation.  For more information about Vantage, please visit our
> website at http://www.vantage.com.

Phillip Bennett
Systems Administrator

Midland Valley Exploration Ltd