[Xen-users] creating Windows VM from remote host

To: "xen-users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] creating Windows VM from remote host
From: "Joon Woo Kim" <kimjoonwoo@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:23:43 +0900
Comment: N,KAONI@xxxxxxx,20083112343113817450
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:32:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows 2003 server just boots and runs ok when I 'xm create win2003svr-vm' on my xen-equipped Centos5.1 host. (FYI, I followed Xen Technical Note V07132006)
The problem is when I SSH to Centos5.1 host from remote WinXP host and try the same 'xm create win2003svr-vm' : the 'xm list' shows win2003svr-vm has actually started, but that's all I can see there - the VM just stops there, without responding to remote 'ping'ing. (I applied static IP for win2003svr-vm)

Here are my goals I want to achieve:
1. I want win2003svr-vm boot and run ok when I send 'xen create' command/API from remote host.
2. Currently I see Windows screen displayed on console's gnome panel, when I create Windows locally. If possible, I want to know the way to skip that display, whether that creation occured locally or remotely. VNC monitoring from remote host is enough most of times.

Lots of advices I expect. Thanks.

Kim, Joon Woo