[Xen-users] Windows on Intel Virtualization Technology and graphic cards

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Windows on Intel Virtualization Technology and graphic cards
From: Frédéric Bouquet <bouquet.frederic@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:44:15 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:28:21 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:date:from:to:subject:message-id:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=wImvkEKvTv20Z9KMlRFkNGBlDvkAqwY9+Gc4GAhb2rc=; b=DYn5xCxu1T1UMbbNbBBm9eOlxIUBj89H4Xv4EVFX6s5I9K4zHCr/NVFHbkEiopYRa68fhSiQSJTbeifm5CCoPGwK1EdGJX/nUivZpGUKpUDYAGx+EiKUnNlNkPZhrrB5T8Rr7bEF6mfzyLOffkAAObD6A9i73g3tX7xspJRMxQE=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I have a small project with Xen.
I'd like some domains to act as some servers on the same (sub-)network (bridges
maybe).
But, in parallel of the Xen machine, I'd like to use MS Windows for 3D software
on a graphic reserved graphic card (an other card will be used by Xen and the
others domains). Maybe, the best way should be to use windows on Intel VT but
I'd like to know how the hardware is managed. Can I say Xen that this hardware
has not to be scheduled by the hypervisor and allow Windows act as he wants and
knows the kind of card it is ?

Thanks
Sorry if my english is bad, it's a bit difficult for me to explain the problem
as the poor french student I am :)

Fred