Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.4 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.4 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: Andris <andris@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:58:27 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 03:59:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
James Harper wrote:
> This release fixes a BSoD on boot that some people were seeing sometimes
> and other people were seeing all of the time.
>
> http://www.meadowcourt.org/WindowsXenPV-0.8.4.zip
>
> James

Something gone wrong, when I installed those drivers in winxpsp2. DomU
is Centos 5.1 64bit with latest updates.
Win DomUs run in images on LVS mirrored volume with md (soft raid1).
I have 2 disk drives (Qemu and XEN PV)  in device manager as well as two
volumes (two similar local disks) under My computer now.
After every reboot I have disk checking, and new drivers found wizard
(new generic volume found).
Although the average HDD speed  seems to be is better than with qemu
disk. Average 52MB/s VS 24MB/s with HD Tune utility and 50% less cpu
usage while benchmarking.
On networking  I got 4.5 MB/sec. (60%-90% cpu usage) VS 1.75MB/sec.
(100% cpu usage) (1G file copied to Desktop over samba share in 100mbps
network, intel desktop 1000mbps network adapter).
One more thing noticed, after installation of drivers one testing
machine refused to boot anymore after a couple reboots and updates
installation. Blue screen on safemode, black screen after F8 (normal
boot), or Windows XP logo looping.

andris