Re: [Xen-users] bare metal install?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] bare metal install?
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 19:55:52 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 16:56:28 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Saturday 08 March 2008 12:58:08 pm The Archer wrote:
> Is there a way to get a xen install onto a blank HD, or is the only way to
> install an OS first and then overlay xen?

I suppose you could try some of the various dvd installers, like Anaconda
(Fedora) & Yast (SuSE), that allow you to select which packages you want
before the install. I suspect that various imperfect package prereqs will
bite you - a package requires 'kernel' exactly, not just any kernel flavor.
I'm not aware of any xen live cds.