[Xen-users] native X11 in domU: proposal to collect what works systemati

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] native X11 in domU: proposal to collect what works systematically
From: Chris Epicier <seuchato@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 14:36:05 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 05:36:37 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there

Emre and Stefan have probably figured out a working
combination of hardware and driver / distro
combination for getting X11 up running in domU (see
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-09/msg00091.html).
So have I (see
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2008-02/msg00643.html).

I thought, it would be valuable source of info, if we
could have one thread that lists what is working and
how it was set up to work. I would volunteer to
collect that data, first here, then hopefully add it
in the xen wiki.

I believe the following data should be made available:

- Hardware used:
  - Mobo
  - ram
  - cpu(s)
  - eventually bios version
- distro used
  - distro name
  - basic setup info like main partition arrangement,
    boot loader
  - dom0 and domU config:
    - uname -a output
    - allocated ram
    - way GPU has been passed to domU
    - xm config file used to boot domU
    - driver for CPU used in domU
    - X11.conf (relevant parts only)
  - short statement / comment how, what works, hints

I will try to analise that data and find the commons
and throw it back on a +/- digested form.

greets chris

      E-Mails jetzt auf Ihrem Handy.
www.yahoo.de/go