Re: [Xen-users] Intel VT-d Support

To: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Intel VT-d Support
From: Igor Chubin <igor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:37:27 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 02:39:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mi, Mär 05, 2008 at 12:00:06 +0100, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> Igor Chubin schrieb:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>

>> please tell me, how can I be sure that my Xen installation is built
>> with Intel VT-d support?
>>
>> Something like
>>
>> xm info | grep -i KEY-REGULAR-EXPRESSION
>> xm dmesg | grep -i KEY-REGULAR-EXPRESSION
>>

>> What line I should look for?
>>
>> And if it's really built with it, how can I be sure, that Xen has
>> successfully initialized VT-d hardware?
>
> As far as I know, xm dmesg should show this, but I didn't find any vt-d
> enabled hardware by now.
> If you're hardware supports vt-d could you please post the model and vendor?

xm dmesg output does not change when I switch VT-d off in BIOS.
I can't find any information related to VT-d at all.
Any clues?

I use HP Compac dc7800 [1] fom my experiments.
I know that this hw (hw with VT-d support) is very rare,
so as far I can touch it now with my own hands, I want to try VT-d on it.

[1]
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/12454-12454-64287-321860-3328898-3459241.htm

--
WBR, i.m.chubin