[Xen-users] Xen newb partition question

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen newb partition question
From: Barry Demers <sdad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:25:56 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 07:26:36 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:sender; bh=G+vqAORwknNcsqGhD0fwWHuiYYrvIqc86D1SZXMLfRI=; b=bh3ckO+n77D0cQvPMsLRFvvsiZBBAm6cDazb2zoGxUeMgvP+Jq39+KOSVfWXEuJMFU0wacfzdFxmchwSuhd70dfqHtoZwzHfQunxnt4jBsKNn6yzhk1/VHXZ1wpqAga8AhD0xfIxV5pfVQR20Tz4RjGobmW8Eh3aotutgj69has=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is my first venture into Xen. I would appreciate some input as to how best to partition my system. Not even sure what questions to ask myself at this point, but here's what I have so far: The physical machine is a Dell 2450. It has four 18Gb scsi drives that can be arranged in a variety of raid configs. The OS for the Dell is Ubuntu server 7.04 (Fiesty) and I plan on installing Xen 3.X as the processors are 733 Pentium III's. I am in the process of constructing a SAN which will consist of five 73Gb scsi drives. This will not be available for awhile, though if deemed important, I can hold off until the SAN is all together. All of the virtual machines are going to be based on Ubuntu 6.06 Desktop (Dapper) as that is the os that is given support, apparently. Each vm will be dedicated to a roaming user, and only to that user. That is going to be the users only desktop, regardless of location. There are less than 10 users for this build. There is a second Dell 2450 of similar makeup which is also available.

So, what else do I need to consider? Can I work without the SAN for the time being? Suggest different OS's? How best do I split up the four drives on the Dell? --- That's my biggy.

Thanks

--
Barry Demers