Re: [Xen-users] A Review of "Professional Xen Virtualization" by William

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] A Review of "Professional Xen Virtualization" by William von Hagen
From: Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:22:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 14:22:42 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 16:01:29 -0500
xenlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have written a review of the book which I hope you will find helpful
> in your decision making process on whether to purchase or not.

Too late, I just bought it :-).

My take on it: After spending months painstakingly ferreting out
things I needed to know from various web pages, winnowing through
the misinformation, etc, this book didn't help me discover anything
new.

But I sure wish I had it all those months ago when I started, because
it actually has all that stuff in one place.

Unfortunately, I've now moved on to even more obscure corners of
Xen (like trying to do ridiculous things to networking), and
I am once again lost and the book doesn't help. No doubt about the
time I figure it out, there will be a new book out that could
have saved me the trouble :-).