RE: [Xen-users] Adding a new Hard Drive on Xen VMs

To: "'gorkhe'" <gorkhe.la@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Adding a new Hard Drive on Xen VMs
From: "Jeroen Torrekens" <jeroen.torrekens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:18:39 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:19:27 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>I am running Xen VMs and recently I needed more disk space for one of the VMs. I am not sure if it is possible to add a new (physical) Hard Drive and the Xen VM talk to it. Has any body have any >experiences with it. I would appreciate it.
>
>-gorkhe

Hi,

All you need to do is make a partition on that hard drive and edit the configuration file of the VM in /etc/xen/ It should say something like:

disk = ['phy:/dev/sdb1,hda,w', 'phy:/dev/sdc1,hdb,w']

Where /dev/sdc1 is the partition on your new hard drive. Reboot the VM and it will be available

Jeroen