Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen-3.0.3 occur kernel panic

Wei Jiang wrote:
> Hi
>
> About such a issue, are there any code changes?

Yes.  In 5.1 we "fixed" it by removing the nopage handler from privcmd;
having VM_PFNMAP with a nopage handler just makes no sense.  However,
the problem with it is that if userland did something it wasn't supposed
 to, it would actually get a page full of zeros instead of a SIGBUS.  In
5.2 I believe we have added a nopfn handler which returns SIGBUS if the
userland program does the wrong thing.

Chris Lalancette